Thursday, June 27, 2013


I am on vacation in Ohio; so I won't be at my favorite watering hole tomorrow, nor will I be editing a sermon.  However, I'm east of the Mississippi so I can get Yuengling Lager, which is deffinitely my favorite lager and generally the only lager I drink.  I am also headed to Camp Mowana to be the chaplain for family camp this weekend and senior high camp next week.  

Jodie and I met at camp Mowana and were married in the chapel there.  I am very excited to be back and very excited about the theme: Faith Alive.  It is centered on five basic spiritual practices: 1) Reading Scripture, 2) Worship, 3) Prayer, 4) Hospitality, and 5) service.  Coincidentaly these practices have played a renewed importance in my own faith life of late; so, I am stoked beyond belief to explore these with the families this weekend and the high schoolers next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment