the LORD will deliver them | in the | time of | trouble.
2. The LORD preserves them and keeps them alive,
so that they may be happy | in the | land; *
he does not hand them over | to the will | of their | enemies.
3. The LORD sustains them | on their | sickbed *and ministers | to them | in their | illness.
4. I said, "LORD, be | merciful to | me; *heal me, for I | have sinned | a- gainst | you."
5. My enemies are saying wicked | things a- | bout me: *When will he | die, and | his name | perish?"
6. Even if they come to see me, they speak | empty | words; *their heart collects false rumors; they | go out- | side and | spread them.
7. All my enemies whisper together | about | me *and devise | evil | against | me.
8. "A deadly thing," they say, "has | fastened on | him; *he has taken to his bed and will | never get | up a- | gain."
9. Even my best friend, whom I trusted, who broke | bread with | me, *has lifted up his | heel and turned | against | me.
10. But you, O LORD, be merciful to me and | raise me | up, *and | I shall | repay | them.
11. By this I know you are | pleased with | me, *that my enemy does not | triumph | over | me.
12. In my integrity you | hold me | fast, *and shall set me be- | fore your | face for- | ever.
13. Blessed be the LORD | God of | Israel, *from | age to age. | Amen. | Amen.