Saturday, February 17, 2018

Psalm 41

1.  Happy are they who consider the | poor and | needy! *
        the LORD will deliver them | in the | time of | trouble.

2.  The LORD preserves them and keeps them alive,
        so that they may be happy | in the | land; *
        he does not hand them over | to the will | of their | enemies.

3.  The LORD sustains them | on their | sickbed *
        and ministers | to them | in their | illness.

4.  I said, "LORD, be | merciful to | me; *
        heal me, for I | have sinned | a- gainst | you."

5.  My enemies are saying wicked | things a- | bout me: *
        When will he | die, and | his name | perish?"

6.  Even if they come to see me, they speak | empty | words; *
        their heart collects false rumors; they | go out- | side and | spread them.

7.  All my enemies whisper together | about | me *
        and devise | evil | against | me.

8.  "A deadly thing," they say, "has | fastened on | him; *
        he has taken to his bed and will | never get | up a- | gain."

9.  Even my best friend, whom I trusted, who broke | bread with | me, *
        has lifted up his | heel and turned | against | me.

10. But you, O LORD, be merciful to me and | raise me | up, *
         and | I shall | repay | them.

11. By this I know you are | pleased with | me, *
         that my enemy does not | triumph | over | me.

12. In my integrity you | hold me | fast, *
         and shall set me be- | fore your | face for- | ever.

13. Blessed be the LORD | God of | Israel, *
         from | age to age. | Amen. | Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment