Monday, February 19, 2018

Psalm 42


1.   As the deer longs | for the | water-brooks, *
        so longs my |soul for | you, O | God.

2.   My soul is athirst for God, athirst for the | living | God; *
        when shall I come to appear be- | fore the | presence of | God?

3.   My tears have been my food day and night, * 
        while all day long they say to me, | Where now |is your | God?"

4.   I pour out my soul when I think | on these | things; *
        how I went with the multitude and led them | into the | house of | God, 

5.   With the voice of | praise and | thanksgiving, *
        among those |who keep | holy | day.

6.   Why are you so full of heaviness, | O my | soul? *
        and why are you so dis- | quieted | within | me?

7.   Put your | trust in | God; * 
        for I will yet give thanks to him, 
        who is the help of my | countenance, | and my | God.

8.   My soul is heavy | within | me; *
        therefore I will remember you from the land of Jordan 
        and from the peak of Mizar | among the | heights of | Hermon.

9.   One deep calls to another in the noise | of your | cataracts; *
        all your rapids and floods | have gone | over | me.

10. The LORD grants his loving-kindness | in the | daytime; *
        in the night season his song is with me, 
        a prayer | to the | God of my | life.

11. I will say to the God of my strength, "Why have you | for- gotten | me? *
        and why do I go so heavily | while the | enemy oppresses | me?"

12. While my bones | are being | broken, *
        my enemies | mock me | to my | face;

13. All day long | they mock | me *
        and say to me, |"Where now | is your | God?"

14. Why are you so full of heaviness, | O my | soul? *
        and why are you so | dis- quieted | within | me?

15.  Put your | trust in | God; *
        for I will yet give thanks to him, 
        who is the help of | my countenance, | and my | God.



No comments:

Post a Comment