Friday, February 20, 2015

40 Days of Chant Psalm 3 and BEER!!!

I choose to do a simple chant for Psalm 3, mainly because I had less time today because of a big funeral today.  Also, since it is a short psalm I think simple chant works better.  To much complexity and it would overwhelm the text.  Conversely if the psalm was longer it would need a longer psalm.


1 Lord, how many adversaries I have! *
     how many there are who rise up against me!
2 How many there are who say of me, *
     “There is no help for him in his God.”
3 But you, O Lord, are a shield about me; *
     you are my glory, the one who lifts up my head.
4 I call aloud upon the Lord, *
     and he answers me from his holy hill;
5 I lie down and go to sleep; *
     I wake again, because the Lord sustains me.
6 I do not fear the multitudes of people *
     who set themselves against me all around.
7 Rise up, O Lord; set me free, O my God; *
     surely, you will strike all my enemies across the face,
     you will break the teeth of the wicked.
8 Deliverance belongs to the Lord. *
     Your blessing be upon your people!



I also got to my watering hole to try some beers.  Omaha Beer Week is wrapping up and there were a lot of great things on tap at the watering hole.  First up was the Funkwerks Saison Noir.  This one threw me.  It looks malty, but it doesn't taste like malt at all.  The taste was actually a bit salty.  


Next up was the Funkwerks Dahlia This Belgian Strong Ale is delicious.  It has just a small hint of apple, but isn't sweet at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment