Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Psalm 6 and Chocolate Stout

I'm still recovering from this cold; so that makes me leery of the quality of this chant.  However, part of a lenten discipline is sticking to it even when our best efforts are not up to snuff.  Part of how we learn to depend on God is learning when our best efforts aren't enough.

I'm also at our diocesan clergy retreat and enjoyed a delightful Samuel Smith's Organic Chocolate Stout.  It has to be one of my all time favorite Chocolate Stouts.

Anyway, here's the chant:

1LORD, do not rebuke me in your anger; *
    do not punish me in your wrath.
2Have pity on me, LORD, for I am weak; *
    heal me, L
ORD, for my bones are racked.
  
3My spirit shakes with terror; *
    how long, O L
ORD, how long?
  
4Turn, O LORD, and deliver me; *
    save me for your mercy's sake.
  
5For in death no one remembers you; *
    and who will give you thanks in the grave?
  
6I grow weary because of my groaning; *
    every night I drench my bed
    and flood my couch with tears.
  
7My eyes are wasted with grief *
    and worn away because of all my enemies.




8Depart from me, all evildoers, *
    for the L
ORD has heard the sound of my weeping.
  
9The LORD has heard my supplication; *
    the L
ORD accepts my prayer.
  
10 All my enemies shall be confounded and quake with fear; *
    they shall turn back and suddenly be put to shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment