Friday, February 27, 2015

40 Days of Chant, Psalm 9 D Ionian

So, I wanted to try something different, at least different for me today.  I did psalm 9 in D ionian with parallel motion.  Think Bartok with Major 7ths.  It's either really interesting or useless. What do you think?

  1. 1  I will give thanks to you, O Lord, with my whole heart; * 
         I will tell of all your marvelous works.
  2. 2  I will be glad and rejoice in you; *
         I will sing to your Name, O Most High.

  3. 3  When my enemies are driven back, *
         they will stumble and perish at your presence.

  4. 4  For you have maintained my right and my cause; * 
        you sit upon your throne judging right.
  5. 5  You have rebuked the ungodly and destroyed the wicked; * 
        you have blotted out their name for ever and ever.
  6. 6  As for the enemy, they are finished, in perpetual ruin, * 
        their cities ploughed under, the memory of them perished;
  7. 7  But the Lord is enthroned for ever; * 
        he has set up his throne for judgment.
  8. 8  It is he who rules the world with righteousness; * 
        he judges the peoples with equity.
  9. 9  The Lord will be a refuge for the oppressed, * 
        a refuge in time of trouble.
  10. 10  Those who know your Name will put their trust in you, * 
        for you never forsake those who seek you, O Lord.
  11. 11  Sing praise to the Lord who dwells in Zion; * 
        proclaim to the peoples the things he has done.
  12. 12  The Avenger of blood will remember them; * 
        he will not forget the cry of the afflicted. 
    13  Have pity on me, O Lord; *
       see the misery I suffer from those who hate me, 
       O you who lift me up from the gate of death;
  13. 14 So that I may tell of all your praises
        and rejoice in your salvation *
        in the gates of the city of Zion.
    15 The ungodly have fallen into the pit they dug,*
        and in the snare they set is their own foot caught.
    16 The LORD is known by his acts of justice; *
        the wicked are trapped in the works of their own hands.
    17 The wicked shall be given over to the grave, *
         and also all the people that forget God.
    18 For the needy shall not always be forgotten, *
        and the hope of the poor shall not perish for ever.
    19 Rise up, O LORD, let not the ungodly have the upper hand;*
        let them be judged before you.
    20 Put fear upon them, O LORD;*
        let the ungodly know they are but mortal.

No comments:

Post a Comment